HIKARI 17oz - SLIM STRAIGHT (SS)
17oz Mid-Heavy Ring Slub
- Sourced from a small private mills, Indonesia
- 17 oz Selvedge Denim Fabric
- Twisted Copper & Blue Selvedge Line
- Loomstate / Unsanforized
- 2mm Cowhide Leather Patch
- Silk Screen Printed Pocket Bags
- Two Tone Stitching
- Oil Painted Gold "Fundamental Arcuate"
- YKK Japan Custom Hardware
See the details
Hikari is our first articles for this new Essential Series. It is made using an Indonesian milled selvedge fabric. Made using a #5 warp yarn and #7 weft yarn. Both warp and weft yarn is using middle-slub charactered yarn.
Weighted at 17 ounces per square yard, it is gonna be quite a versatile jeans for all season wear. The stiffness is also at a moderate level that it can produce an intense creases while still comfortable enough for daily wear.
The color is deep indigo with a bit of lighter shades at the ring slub textures. Expect a medium contrast fades after months of constant wears.
We took pride at our signature selvedge line that we prepared solely for this series twisted Copper & Blue Selvedge Line.
The story behind this color is the mixture between a blue color yarn that represent indigo and a copper lame color yarn that represent a copper hardware that usually attached to a jeans.
The mixture of those two represent the perfect unison of 2 aspect that is Essential for a jeans products
I also produce our original pocket bag fabric. For this pocket bags, i use a 10 ounces per square yard cotton twill fabric. This fabric is made using a manual hand loom fabric.
The characteristic of this fabric is dense but soft. So it's gonna be durable and comfortable at the same time. The fabric is then printed using a traditional silk screen method with our cotton logo and Essential type form.
Our Signature Arcuate is made just so it can qualify 3 points, that's why we called it “The Fundamental Arc”
1. The Arc Stitch should positioned center and balance inside the pocket area
2. All the stitching must be able to be sewn from one side to another side without lifting the needle
3. The Arc must have at least 1 looped stitch (intersect stitch)
Our Signature Arcuate is made just so it can qualify those 3 points above, thats why we called it “The Fundamental Arc”
For this particular series, i use an oil painted print for the application to modernized the design