ELEMENTAL HOTARU 22oz~ SLIM TAPERED (ST)
- 22 ounces Selvedge Denim
- Kibata - Loomstate
- Unsinged - Uncalendered - Unsanforized
- Milled in Japan by KAIHARA
- Rope Dyed Pure Indigo
- Semi-Natural Dyed Weft Using Sappan/Mangroove Mixture
- Medium Tension Weave
- 100% Australian Cotton
- Signature Copper Lame Selvedge Line
- 10th Anniversary Special Asanoha Pattern Interlining
- Natural Hand Dyed Interlining Fabric
- Yoke Interlining Construction
- Continuous Selvedge Fly
- Embroidered Backpocket with Elemental Color Threads
- Element Colored Coinpocket Stitching
- Element Colored Inseam Stitching
- Double Embossed Asanoha Pattern Leatherpatch
- YKK-Japan Double Plated Button
- YKK-Japan Double Plated Rivets
- Black Tab on The Back Pocket
-This jeans is very thick, rough and stiff. Expect a bit of difficulties to button up the jeans after the initial soak process.
-Please do it slowly to avoid injuring your fingers, it will loosen and widen over time.
- If desired, you can stick in a marker pen inside the buttonhole to force it stretch out to make the buttoning process easier.
- We did not accept hemming request for this jeans before initial soak process because of the stiffness and thickness of this jeans.
28 October 2021 - 11 November 2021
Estimated delivery time:
11 - 14 December 2021
See the details
The base fabric for Elemental Series Hotaru is a 22 ounces / square yard selvedge denim. It made from a few twisted number #3 and #4 yarn, and then weaved in a medium tension setting machine. The weft in dyed using a Semi-Natural technique by using a mixture of Sappan / Mangroove.
The fabrics characteristic is seen in a very intense small vertical slub all over the surface. The weft color will peek through the space created by the weaving process and appear as a freckles nep when seen in a certain angle with a proper light source.
Handwoven Natural Dye Fabric for Reinforced Yoke and Pocket Interliningt
Yoke is like the center parts of the jeans. It integrate the left and right parts of the jeans, and also the top and bottom part of the top block.
This will also act as a visual signature enhancer for the jeans, which you can see every time you put on your pants.
We're producing our own original pocket bag interlining fabric. First of all, the fabric is made with a Handwoven shuttle loom, which needed a very long time to produced. We then print the Japanese special ASANO-HA pattern using a traditional resist dye method. Finally hand dye the fabric in a natural plant dye for several times until it reach a shades of color we desire.
Double Embossed Asanoha Patterened Leatherpatch
For the leather patch, we decide to do something special for this 10th Anniversary edition. Suddenly we got an idea, what if we embossed the leather twice?
1st emboss process is just to add a lighter shallow Asanoha pattern all over the leather.
After that, we emboss the main design of elemental paradox design with a deeper and hot temperature to make the design appear pop out from the pattern.
Selvedge Continuous Fly
The fly parts is made from 1 continues piece of fabric instead of 2 separate pieces. Even seems unlikely, in years of constant wearing, there is a chance that the fly may be detached from each other. When that happens , usually it gonna be so hard to fix them, moreover if you want it to be as good as it used to be. With continues fly construction, we will reduce the chance of the broken fly to almost impossible.
We take this 1 step even further, the continues fly is made from the selvedge parts of the fabric. Even though its not even visible from the outside, we still decide to present it to the owner of the jeans, cause every time you button/unbutton your jeans, you will be able to admire this special detail.
Arcuate or known by most people as Arc, is the main visual signature of the jeans. As we said, we never put too much effort into the visual area. So we decide to design the arc just so it represent these few fundamental requirements:
1. The Arc Stitch should positioned center and balance inside the pocket area
2. All the stitching must be able to be sewn from one side to another side without lifting the needle
3. The Arc must have at least 1 looped stitch (intersect stitch)
Our Signature Arcuate is made just so it can qualify those 3 points above, thats why we called it “The Fundamental Arc”